URGENT ACTION NEEDED
IN RELATION TO THE COUNCIL PROPOSING TO RAISE OUR RATES
We need everyone to email or write to Council BEFORE January 24th. Include your name and residential address so that you are taken seriously. It can’t be a form letter repeated by each of us so we have made some suggestions below that you might want to choose from.
The volume of complaints matters - don’t be silent!!
WHY because if Council gets its way you are going to be paying a 100% increase within 6 years. This doesn’t even include increases that Council could put on water, sewer and waste charges!
Your email or letter should include some of these points:
- can’t afford a rate rise of this magnitude
- already paying increased insurance
- cost of living has already caused significant hardship
- already in mortgage stress
- the first things to go will be money to give our children the opportunity to play sports, go to dance classes
- will take 11% of my total pension by 2026.
- rates have already increased by 60% since 2015
- Council debt has increased by threefold since 2015, why?
- the Aquatic Centre loses almost 5 mil a year!
- why is Council competing with private providers to provide commercial services that they are making a loss on?
LODGE your complaint/objection online by going to Council's get involved page: https://getinvolved.shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au/srv where there is a survey at the bottom of the page
COMPLETE the survey at:
simply email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The BLUE button is a link to the Manly Hydraulics website with 3 charts:-
1. The M2 Tidal Constituent (essentially the health of the tidal flow),
2. Last 7 days rainfall for Lake Conjola, and
3. Last 7 days water level - gauge is adjacent Holiday Haven Caravan Park.
The date range can be changed by clicking on the date in a top left hand corner of a chart, selecting the required date range and clicking the "APPLY" button.
The YELLOW button displays the last 7 days water level and rainfall for all inlets/lakes (which have an measuring gauge) in the Shoalhaven Council area.
Lake Conjola Home Page
Welcome to the website for the Lake Conjola District which is located just north of the townships of Milton-Ulladulla and Mollymook on the NSW South Coast, Australia.
Conjola is a natural paradise with 660 hectares of pristine lake surrounded by the Conjola National Park, beautiful unspoiled beaches and four small villages around the shores of the lake - Lake Conjola, Conjola Park, Fisherman's Paradise, and Cunjurong Point.
This perfect environment is the ideal location for water sports, bush or beach walking, mountain biking, or to simply relax and revitalise in the various accommodation facilities.
-Conjola Improvements Survey Results
-Jetty Replacement at Yooralla Bay
-Survey - how to spend donated money
- Lake Entrance Licence Oct21
- CCA Information Update Sep21
- CCA Information Update May21
- Conjola Coastal Mgt Program Feb21
- Proposal for Long Term Open Lake
- Conjola Sewerage Scheme Review
- Review Entrance Mgt Policy Feb19
WHAT'S NEW on our Web Site