Estuary and Entrance Management
Project Description and Objective
The objective of the Estuary Management Project is to maintain a healthy, attractive, and sustainable lake that is an asset to the Lake Conjola Community.
The Project has been ongoing since the late 1990's.
The existing INTERIM Entrance Management Policy 2013 has failed because it is effectively a continuation of the same reactive entrance management approach used by Council for over 20 years and is responsible for present day lake conditions - despite being advised by PBP1999 that it was ineffective.
The policy is INTERIM because it has not been approved by the community despite Council claims to the contrary. The Conjola Community Association have on several occasions met with Council and tabled a report proposing changes, to date Council have not been willing to progress the matter.
Working Group Contacts
Dirk Treloar, Robyn Kerves
Shoalhaven City Council : Alasdair Stratton
- Nov 2018 - The CCB have met with Council several times and tabled a report proposing changes to finalise the INTERIM Entrance Management Policy 2013 and Estuary Management Plan 2013. Click here for a copy of the proposal (1.1Mb PDF Document)
- Dec 2018 - Meeting with Council, Shelley Hancock to table CCA proposal to review EMP
Minutes/Record of Meetings
18 Dec 2018 : Table with Council the CCA proposal for review of Entrance Mgt Policy
Project Documents (click on document name below to view/download a copy of the document)
- Patterson and Britton Lake Conjola Study 1999 (6Mb)
- PBP 1999 - Attachment17 Entrance Scour and Opening Protocol (4Mb)
- Manly Hydraulics : Lake Conjola Entrance Mgt Plan 2003 (3.6Mb)
- Proposal to include Channel Optimisation and Entrance Mgt Works in EMP 2018 (1.1Mb)